Important Information for CDPAP Services:
- All family members are eligible to provide these services except a spouse.
- CDPAP aides can perform additional services not rendered by an HHA or PCA such as suctioning tracheostomies, insulin injections, and administration of oxygen or medications where the consumer cannot selfadminister.
- There is no formal training required to be eligible to be a PA (no hha or pca certificate required)
- There is no in-service ongoing education required to continue as a PA
- We also do not have an obligation to finger print the CDPAPA care giver (we should suggest that the family do a background check)
- CDPAP caregivers are required to have the same physical requirements as the HHA/PCA
When managing a CDPAP case, we at Quality Touch Inc. CDPAP Agency are only responsible for the administrative work. We need to verify that they have worked the hours authorized, that they clock in and out, that they sign time sheets and that they are doing everything the plan calls for. CDPAP is a growing trend as families are -in many cases- more comfortable receiving care from a family member close friend.